The Rocky Mountain Council on Family Relations (RMCFR), established in 2018, brings together Family Science scholars, professionals, and students in Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Wyoming to share in the development and dissemination of knowledge about families and family relationships, establish professional standards, and work to promote family well-being.
In its work, RMCFR aims to:
- work with regional and national groups to clarify issues confronting diverse families,
- influence public policy and programs that affect families by developing educational materials and being involved in legislative action,
- encourage research on diverse individual and family systems,
- recognize outstanding leaders and students in Family Science and Family Life Education in the region, and
- provide learning experiences for college students preparing for jobs in Family Life Education.
RMCFR is an affiliate (chapter) of the National Council on Family Relations, the premier professional association for understanding and strengthening families through interdisciplinary research, theory, and practice.
What is Family Science? Learn more about Family Science at WeAreFamilyScience.org.